Animus Home six month takeaway
I spent about a half a year with Animus Home and I got to learn a lot while doing lots of practical work. What follows in no particular order are things that I have done or worked with that I learnt more from.
Acquired knowledge or skills
- Copy editing and translating text from Swedish to English.
- A lot of copy editing, actually. Some of it is technical writing.
- Understanding graphics manuals, instruction leaflets and instructive illustrations.
- Understanding documentation (knowledge bases too) and branding.
- Working with HTML, CSS and JS. Widely ranges from reading Google Forms into a page to CSS animations.
- Working with printed materials from flyers to packaging.
- Graphic design of an mobile app icon. Understanding logotype design.
- The graphic design of multiple UI icons.
- Wireframes and tutorials.
- Motion graphics (very briefly).
- How to do a good voice over (also super briefly).
- A lot of illustrative work and knowing how to deal with a large workload.
- Retouching and generating images to use for social media, branding, marketing and anything else.
- Creating copy for blog posts over the span of multiple days.
- Strengthened my knowledge over user experience flow.
- Strengthened my understanding of software development.
Due to the nature of the content I am unable to show examples or even talk about these more specifically. But I can safely say that I have grown into my roles very nicely and can happily share some of what I have done privately (again, there are limits to what I can show).